There are various complaints a woman may come across during pregnancy.
- In the early stages of pregnancy women often complain of nausea and vomiting, this is a result of the slowing of stomach emptying.
- During pregnancy women often also complain of heartburn, hyperacidity which is caused due to the increasing levels of the hormone progesterone and also because of the increasing size of the baby. These symptoms are most prominent during the second half of pregnancy.
- Women also complain of constipation during pregnancy due to the pressure exerted by the growing baby on the intestines and various other reasons.
- There are also some chances of tear of intestines during childbirth which may lead to long-lasting problems, so it is always better to follow the suggestions of your obstetrician.
When to see a GI:
- If your upper abdominal pain is persistent for a long time.
- Excessive bloating
- Blood in the stools.